Coffee Meeting…SHOWWX Laser Pico Projector via iPod
July 14th, 2010
by Matt Nichols
I had only about 15 minutes this morning to give a quick pitch about SHOWWX during a coffee meeting. I gave my short 5 slide presentation via my SHOWWX connected to my iPod. The location was very bright so I used a piece of paper as my screen, propped up by some accomodating coffee cups. As you can see from the photo, the projected image is about 12″ wide, and despite being in a very bright environment the image quality was totally acceptable for my presentation requirements.
To project a Powerpoint presentation with SHOWWX via my iPod (you can do the same with iPhone) I converted my presentation to images so they would be an iPod readable file. This is easy to do. Here’s how:
1. In the File – Save As menu inside of PowerPoint, save each slide as a .JPG file.
2. Create a folder with the images of your PowerPoint slides and title it appropriately. (For example, “Presentation for iPod)
3. Sync iPod with iTunes on your computer.
4. Click on the iPod and click the Photos tab. Click on iPod listed under Devices, then click the Photos tab.
5. Check the box “Sync Photos From”. Then click the radial box “Selected Folders”. Click the check box next to the folder with your presentation in it, then click Sync.
6. Now your Folder will be on your iPod in the Photos app.
7. Connect your SHOWWX to your iPod.
8. Open the Photos app on your iPod and tap the folder with your presentation to open.
9. Tap the play icon on the iPod. Project images from SHOWWX.
I hope your coffee meetings with SHOWWX go as easily as mine. Cheers!
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 at 12:07 PM and is filed under Uncategorized.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.